Saturday, June 20, 2009

I just can't help it...




I just can't help it...meaning, I started a new sweater...and it's another pale, neutral!
My cropped dress-up cardigan in Kidsilk Haze is complete, except for weaving in the ends and pressing the seams.
A picture will follow shortly, provided the sun continues to shine.

Yesterday, I started my Paper Crane top.
The pattern was purchased from Kirsten, at her blog, assemblage.
I love what she does.

I've chosen some 100% bamboo yarn in a pale, pale yellow.
Really a yellow-white.
Very delicate, very soft and very drapey.
The yarn is wound on a huge cone that I purchased in Missoula, maybe 2 years ago.
I'm not certain that the yarn is anything like the yarn of the original sweater, but it ought to be compatible.
It will be interesting, if nothing else.

I've started with the sleeve, and although I got "gauge" with size 5 needles right away, there was too much play and laxity in the knitting, so I switched to size 3's and I think they're going to work just fine.

My new official photographer is my oldest son. Of course he expects to get paid for his efforts. But I think he did a good job, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment