Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Near disaster ~ averted


A sweater completed.
A project to cross off my list (at right).
An undertaking that was questionable from the start.
A near disaster ~ averted.
Knit with Donegal Aran Tweed by Debbie Bliss.
A sweet color, purchased for the sweet price of 50% off.
Finally finished, it looked baggy and frumpy.
A housecoat at best.
Angry and frustrated to have created yet another "okay" sweater,
it was tossed in the washer.
Go ahead and felt! See if I care!
Oh! damn! what am I doing! what am I doing?
Pulled from the washer, and wait...
It fits a little better.
The slight felting is good for this yarn and design.
Maybe I'll wear it.
Maybe, just maybe.
P.S. Sorry for the single, not-so-great photo. My camera should be back by week's end. Yahoo!

1 comment:

  1. gorgeous sweater!!sometimes you have to take a chance...glad it worked out!

    ReplyDelete